Saturday, August 9, 2008

W*E*L*C*O*M*E ADDISON ELIZABETH ARCHAMBAULT









We received a phone call this morning at 1:30 from Jon telling us they were going to perform a c-section on Amber. Jon was so nervous on the phone, it was quite cute. Apparently Amber went to work last night and became extremely dizzy, almost passing out. Her blood pressure was high and baby's heart rate was dropping so the doctor on call said tht she was going to have the baby tonight.
Needless to say, we got dressed, brushed out teeth, grabbed the kids and out the door we went by 1:150. Right as we were approaching Exit 217 Amber call to tell us Addison was born at 2:35 am weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz., 19 inches long and that everything went well. Amber was extatic to finally be a Mom. We continued on our journey and made it to the ospital a few minutes before they got Amber settled in her room.
Addison is adorable. She is the sweetest little girl, so precious and extremely good. I believe I was next to hold her after Amber & Jon which made me feel really special. I wish I could have been there for Amber before her c-section but it just wasn't possible.
We stayed the majority of the day, only leaving to go to her home for Dallin & Sofia to take a nap, which was definitely needed at that point. While they were sleeping I helped clean Amber's home, ran to the store and back. Then up to the hospital again to she how everyone was doing, and of course, to hold my new granddaughter. I love her so much. I already feel we are going to have a spcieal bond between us.

4 comments:

E and J said...

Congrats! She's BEAUTIFUL! Erica (Westover) Gifford

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

I am so happy to have her here and that everyone was able to come visit her.

I now realize how much you truly love me Mom. It is something you never understand until you have your own kids. Thank you for everything you and Dad have ever done for me in my life.

This is the hardest, most rewarding job. Thanks for being the best example to me. She is perfect!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Congratulations on the newest grandchild!! She is beautiful. I was in SHOCK when I checked Amber's blog yesterday and found Addison had arrived early, early Saturday morning - to think we had just seen you at the Scandinavian Festival Friday night.

Kimi said...

She is just so beautiful. I love her so much. I am so happy that I got to be here when she was born. I just wish that we lived closer so that I could watch her grow and learn.