Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finally an update on all my health issues

I received a call on Thursday, this is the first time I've heard from my doctor's office since he sent me in for the upper GI on Dec. 12th. When they called I had no idea what the nurse was even talking about because it had been 45 days since I had been seen. I was first told I had a hernia and a blockage then the follow day I was told I have a hiatal hernia, and moderate reflux.

What this means is no caffeine (bye bye Pepsi), no ibuprofen (I've been taking a ton since I hurt my back), no alcohol (dang, I was just about to turn to that too) and no spicy food (crap there goes my Mexican food cravings). Apparently this was causing me to have the pain in my chest, which I thought was heart problems along with about 25 of my neighbors,friends and family. Thank goodness it's not my heart. Now, I don't need anyone to go preaching to me about Pepsi, k? I will just have to be more careful about what I put in my mouth........no wise cracks either. I know I'm fat and "It makes me a nicer person when I'm fat" comments don't help either. For those of you who know what I mean by that comment, I'm much happier being a heck of a lot smaller than I am now. I know I sound a bit irritated why??? because I am. Just need a freaking break away from the stresses of being financially strapped, knowing I'm overweight and my home not being in order the way I like it to be. If only I had some money, I would take a vacation far away from HERE.

4 comments:

Karen K. said...

Amen Sister! Vent all you want. I am beginning to mourn because I leave Utah in just 2-1/2 days... I also understand the weight thing (10+ pounds in the past few months and counting...down I hope--it's back to WW for me and being financially strapped sounds familiar and we have two trips to plan--one for Jeff's wedding in AZ and one for our sealing in SLC in June. Where do the funds come from???) Yeah. You tell 'em to knock off the snide comments. Yeah! ;) We still need to do lunch but I guess it won't be Torero's! I'm back on caffeine now and need to quit...again. Ok. I'll shut up now. We do need to get together though. Take care and email me if you need to vent further. :)

Kimi said...

Glad you got some answers. Sorry you have to say goodbye to Pepsi! I will drink one here I or there for you and think about you while doing so.

Willie Fun said...

Sorry Deb for the facts about your stomach. I went through that for years and it didn't do me any good to give up my bad habits. I needed to lose over 80 pounds and that didn't happen either. The best thing I did was to have that surgery and get my stomach fixed. It is great, I have chocolate, and can even eat spicy food. I don't like the spicy food to much so that really isn't that hard to take away. Anyway it was great. I wish I would have done it 10 years earlier. As for the stress No help there with that, I just keep telling myself and kids, just be thankful that we have jobs and some income when so many don't. Think of the stress we would be having if we didn't have our jobs. Be thankful that (I think)Jaris is helping out. But it really isn't fair that they can't respect your house though. I know that when my kids don't clean up I go in their rooms and start throwing things away. I know they don't like it but at least I have my house clean. I don't think you can do that with them but at least you can maybe threaten. Good luck with that. Sorry!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Mom,

I am so sorry to hear you are so stressed out. I totally understand where you are coming from. I personally believe the living situation needs to change. You guys tried, but it isn't working.

As for your health, I am glad there is finally an answer. At least it isn't your heart. Just be good about not eating/drinking the things you shouldn't and you will feel better.

As for weight, I think you look beautiful, but I understand when you don't feel that way. WE all need to lose some weight. I am right there with ya.

I love you. Chin up! If I could take you on a LONG trip far from here I would. Trust me I need a vacation too!!!