Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF

Joe came and picked me up from work so we could go on our date night. We decided to go see the movie "Mall Cop", it was pretty good. Toni & Reed Stockwell were there so we sate by them. It was good to see some friends from our old ward again.
It always amazes me that when someone moves, even though it's just a few miles away you end up looking almost complete contact with them. It was fun sitting next to them....sure do miss our Springfield 1st ward friends.
After we got home I decided to get the mail. As I'm walking down the driveway , paying no attention to anything but the mail in my hand, I slipped on the ice and fell on my right hip and thigh................holy crap! I am so sore now, it hurts to even try to bend over. I'm so stinking accident prone....sheesh! Big bruise coming my way, aren't I the lucky one?
I am so glad it is Friday. I plan to do as little as possible tomorrow, now I will just wait to see if that really happens. Anyone willing to vote on it?

8 comments:

Kimi said...

I say you will get a big one! If you are anything like me, we all know you are! :).
Mom, You have got to me more careful and pay attention to were you are walking...I have learned that the hard way many times!
Get feeling better and take it easy! Love you!
You guys better start being more careful. Before you know it one of us kids are going to have to take you in a care for your every need if you don't start taking care of your self better. Not that any of us would mind having you, but I am sure you want your freedom as long as possible. :) J/K Love ya!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

I bet you don't relax much at all today. How can you? Sorry to hear you fell. You dork, look where you are walking!!! Glad to hear you and Dad had a nice night out and were able to visit with the Stockwell's. It is nice to see old friends once and a while. I hope you have a relaxing weekend, even though I know you will be busy busy busy like usual!!! I love you and miss you guys.

Willie Fun said...

Well Deb we can't all be so lucky to make excuses for our clumsiness. I did just sit around on Saturday and it made my body was so tired it hurt. I wish that I had something to do but unless Linden finishes up on a few last things around the house there isn't anything for me to do. I wish it was summer again so I could work on the garage. Linden's gonna love that. Anyway sorry you fell and I'm betting on you not sitting around there is always something for you to do. I know go clean your house again. Oh what fun that is. And being that you don't have to much company it doesn't get that dirty. Oh yea you always have company now. I'm glad that you guys went out enjoyed yourselves. I don't remember the last time Linden and I went out by ourselves and in fact, we don't go out with anyone. We sent Nathan and his girlfriend (yet they aren't boyfriend and girlfriend) and Trisha and a girlfriend to putters last night and I don't know what we did. Oh yea just watched t.v. Oh well. Life goes on even when it is boring.

Rach said...

Oh my gosh Deb!!! Be careful! Did you eat a whole bag of popcorn for me??? :o)

NEHS1978 said...

Debbie, What a cool surprise. Thanks for stopping by and for your encouraging comments. Stop in again.

I have a personal blog too. I'll come by and visit. Hugs, Kathi W.

NEHS1978 said...

I'm sorry about your accident. I hope you feel better soon. Kathi W.

Kathi said...

Hi Debbie, I thought I'd drop by from my personal blog. I keep it separate from the nehs one.

I'm so glad I got to see you at the reunion. I'll stop by and read your blog more often. I can't believe you are grandparents already. I guess we started late, so we will have to wait for ours. I was 32 when I gave birth to our first baby and 41 with our 4th baby. Have a great weekend. Kathi

Rach said...

Oh man...still dealing with dragons eating people??? I don't know if that will EVER change. I teach 5 year olds now, so thankfully they don't know much about dragons yet! ;O)