Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

First of all, Joe is doing better, had a rough day yesterday and I called his Dr. but seems to be moving around a bit more but still MUST take it easy...so Bill don't call and let him rest.

Second, thank you Amber, Jon and Addison for chancing the roads to come spend Christmas with us, we really enjoyed our time together with you...wish you could have stayed longer, but I understand. Trust me I would have left too if only I could (I'm sure you know what I mean by that). Kimi we miss having you family with us but are happy to know you have started some very meaningful traditions in you family. The kids sounded so great and were having a good time. Sorry to hear you are so sick.

We started off the day waiting for Jaris and Nichole to emerge from downstairs...sheesh, I think it was something like 8:30 before they finally made it upstairs. FINALLY we could start opening presents, something I look forward to every year. We receive beautiful pictures of our grand babies and kids , something we can really enjoy throughout our lives.I got a much needed massage gift certificate, candy to keep me "fluffy" a throw, earrings, just to name of few things. The kids were very generous to us as always.

Grandma & pa Neilson came up for breakfast which consists of homemade hash browns, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, o.j., chocolate milk, egg nog. I think everyone was pretty stuffed by the time we were done eating.

I think Jon was missing his family as well as Nichole, I understand how they fill when you are not with "your family" at Christmas. We are happy that you were able to sacrifice and be with us. We do love you and always want to make you feel welcome and comfortable after all you are part of our family too.

For dinner we had turkey, stuffing, extra whipped mashed potatoes, gravy, beans, rolls, fruit salad, fruit punch. For dessert there was cake and marion berry cheesecake (which no one has eaten yet) I guess that wasn't a good choice on my part.

Amber and Jon left yesterday with little Addison, what a doll she is.I was so sad to see them go, I wish they could have stayed longer but the babies were really feeding off of each other. On Christmas night I think it was a competition to see who could cry the loudest and longest...at least Amber & Jon took Addison in the other room to try and calm her while Nichole didn't even attempt to give us a break by taking Austin downstairs. I think she likes to torture us all by letting the poor baby just cry. I think next time, I'm going to go downstairs. Geez! Ok, enough about that or I am going to start crying again.

Merry Christmas Everyone






3 comments:

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Mom,

Your blog was hallarious! So true, take your CRYING child downstairs so the rest of us can have some peace and quite. Sorry we had to leave early, but I am glad we did, so we could all get a good nights rest.

Thank you for all our wonderful gifts and the great food! Minus the extra creamy potatoes!!! LOL.

I hope Dad is doing well and your back feels better soon. I hope you and Dad can get some relaxation to yourselves.

Miss you and love you. Thanks again for everything.

Kimi said...

Sounds like you had a very LOUD Christmas...maybe it was a good thing we weren't there to add to the noice.

Glad to hear you had a good one over all.

We missed not being there too.

I hope Dad is feeling better and isn't in too much pain.

We love and miss you guys! Thanks again for ALL the wonderful Christmas gifts!

Willie Fun said...

It looks like you all had a great Christmas. Lots of things and lots of people. Ours was too small for me. I'm glad that we decided not to come out. It would have been to much for Joe I think. We were thinking of you guys though. I hope that Joe takes it easy this week and that you guys can have some nice and quite time. It was great to see Amber, John and Addison. She is a very loved and special girl. It has been a long time since we have seen Austin, so I bet he is getting big and is just as much loved. We sure missed Kim and her family yet it was great to get the picture of her family and know that they are doing fine. Happy New Year and in case we don't see or hear from you Happy Birthday Joe, we love you and heal up good and fast, yet enjoy your long awaited and needed time off.