Friday, December 19, 2008

Joe's surgery update...

Joe went to the Dr. for he's pre-op today and was told he will be off work until at least Jan. 7th. He will be on crutches for approx. 2 days. The surgery itself is quiet quick and depending on how well Joe stays off of it and doesn't overdue, he should heal up rather quickly. As far as the time of the surgery, we won't know until the 23rd, that really sucks not knowing what time on Christmas Eve it is going to take place. I just want everyone to encourage Joe to rest and stay off his leg as much as possible because they will not pay for him to have the surgery again and I don't want his knee messed up for life.
Needless to say we won't be going anywhere over the Christmas holiday but to the Dr. and back home. So no extra fluff for us this year. The most important thing is having Joe heal properly. I hope everyone understand.

4 comments:

Willie Fun said...

Well it is hard to have surgery close to a holiday I know I was there a few years ago with my stomach thing. Just because you can't go anywhere I hope that maybe we can come out and see your house and decorations and Amber and her family and Jaris and his family. It has been a long time since I've seen them and they are going up to fast. I hope Deb that you are feeling better. Keep in touch. Good luck on the surgery Joe if we don't see you or hear from you before.

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

I will do my part in keeping Dad off his feet. He can flip pancakes from the table. I can't believe they are saying only 2 days with crutches, that doesn't sound right. HUM??? What do I know though?

Kimi said...

6am is early on Christmas Eve to be being preped for surgery, but I guess the sooner you get it done during the day the better. That way you can go home to the comfort of your own house and rest there.

Dad, I wish I could be there to help you stay off your feet. I miss you so much! I hope and pray all goes well with this surgery. I love you!

PS I forgot about Christmas breakfast....yummy, I want some!

Larry & Ileene said...

Joe and all, I love you all. We will come up to see your stuf not to make Joe walk. Heal up soon. Joe if you see this I can and will make you some cubards. give me the sizes and what out of. Wood that is. Love you Dad